Thursday, December 6, 2007

Life's Greatnesses

Sometimes it is a good thing to just relax and think about how great life really is. Many times we think our situation is bad; there is always someone else that is worse off.

Since I work at a hospital that specializes in many things, I get to see a lot walk through our doors. Walking into work at 5 AM one morning, a car stopped me. They said they had just drove five hours because their daughter was in a car accident. Come to find out, she was my age and in our SICU. Babies pass away every month. Babies spend their whole lives in NICU. The longest I know about is probably six months. Imagine never being able to take your baby home or watching your baby live a healthy life. Sometimes moms that just deliver are in critical condition for other reasons besides childbirth.

Ryan's coworker's wife has cancer that is stage four. It is a stomach cancer...rare. She is young. They have four young kids. How horrible. She was transferred to Chicago. Just imagine having to drive to downtown Chicago to see your mom during the holidays.

As far as money goes...that is my struggle. Ryan was just telling me about a woman he knows that is having financial difficulty. She is a single mom of a toddler and has a medical issue. She had surgery to remove the issue, and the wrong 'issue' was removed. Needless to say, she needs to have surgery again. She is pushing a lawsuit; however, after fees and other charges, she will be lucky to get two grand. That doesn't pay for everything that she has had to pay for in duplicate.

These are just some of the things that I can think of off the top of my head. So, just think of others during this holiday season. Try to do something nice for someone once a day. Pay for the person's coffee in line after you, shovel an elderly person's driveway, or just do anything for someone that requires you to go out of your way. It is a nice motto to live by...and brings you a sense of happiness and self worth.

Some of the other precious things in life...the first snowfall of the season and finding your baby asleep on the couch (refer to pictures) on November 21. Isn't the snowfall beautiful? Aubrey was a bit quiet watching TV, so I checked on her. I guess she wanted to lay herself down for a nap.

I hope you are having a great day...and take a moment to help others...spend quality time with your family...and enjoy life. It is grand!



No comments:

Our Honeymoon