When I got off work at 1:30, Ryan picked me up and we drove to Davis Junction. We promptly opened gifts. We received some really awesome things! Thank you so very much!
Aubrey got some jammies, an outfit, and a really really cute outfit (I would wear it!). She also got a book that plays music when it is open. She loves that. She also opened a Christmas puppet book....like the pig and Old MacDonald book you got her, Mom. She likes it. Aubrey's gift tradition is a U.S. Savings Bond. Best gift ever!! Oh, and she has a few Little Einstein DVD's now! She got a really big teddy bear. She opened most of her gifts there too!
Ryan loved his gifts. He got a Hollister gift card, briefcase, book, planner, and a calendar. I am definitely rubbing off on him because he spent his gift card on 8 clearance items. Before we were together, it would have been spent on three full priced items. He really appreciated this gift. We also got a LOT of food. Ryan will pick that up tomorrow! I guess we better clean out the freezer.
I opened many thoughtful gifts. The Weis Morris gift card is my favorite. I love to get massages, and it smells sooo good there. I also opened a huge scrapbook set. Yea! Now I can scrapbook and not worry how much money I am spending. I also got a few scrapbooks. One of my other favorite gifts was a one year subscription to Nice and Easy Crossword Puzzles. LOL! I know that might seem strange, but really...I love puzzles. I also got a clutch and a calendar.
When I was little, Dad and Deb used to give Cassie and I wooden puzzle boxes. We would have to slide pieces around until it opened. Then, we would find money inside. Well, Jan and Don gave both Ryan and I clear plastic mazes with money inside. You know those 50 cent plastic mazes with a silver ball in it when you were little? You move the ball through the maze to the hole? It was like that but it was a maze on both sides. You try to get the ball to a certain spot and then push the lever. The money pops out then. It is really neat!
We bought Jan two baking pans. Wilton...love Wilton. One of them comes with a lid. How handy! Complete with an Ove Glove. We also gave her a gift card to Menard's. We bought Don an adjustable wrench and a level. You need a degree to use this level! It has sliders to align picture holes and lots of other things I don't know about. :P
Dinner was great, as usual. We had spiral ham, mashed potatoes with corn, corn casserole, cole slaw, green olives, and deviled eggs. Aubrey completed her meal with a ice cream cookie sandwich. She ate the whole thing...piggy!
On our way home, we stopped at the Festival of Lights. It was busy! We got a few pictures. We don't use cash much and it cost $1 a car load. We barely managed to scrap $1 in change. WOW! We had to laugh about that. 'Do you accept Visa?' The ticket booth was closed but accept donations, so we just donate the change. All the work looking for change. Oh man!
Overall, wonderful smooth Christmas events spread throughout three days. We really enjoyed being able to spend time with most of our families.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment