Saturday, January 19, 2008

This Past Week

Ryan had to go on a business trip this week in Galesburg, so he was gone Tuesday morning until Friday night. We missed him, but life went on. Baby girl started getting sick Saturday night. She started showing viral symptoms on Tuesday. When I dropped her off at school, I noticed that there was a note saying there was an outbreak of pneumonia, RSV, and strep throat at the learning center. Great! She is still sick but getting better. I have put a pillow under one side of her mattress to elevate her and have the vaporizer in her room. She seems to sleep better that way but don't get it twisted...she doesn't sleep all night. Ah, that can be hard! She is also teething...her left bottom incisor. And she is having a hard time with bowel movements. I know you want to hear all about it, but I will spare you the details until you are eating. LOL! Back to the virus stuff...she is still sick. I am just keeping a close eye on her breathing to make sure she doesn't have respiratory distress from bronchiolitis or RSV. I didn't have her tested for RSV because it is a waste of money...as an outpatient. There is no change in her course of treatment...which is just time, TLC, and fluids. RSV must be tested for inpatients that have suspected RSV for isolation purposes. She had a CBC and lead done for her one year labs, but only a hemoglobin and lead is needed. Dr. Sarah Beaves is so awesome! She asks me what lab tests I want done. LOL! Even my primary asks me that. Some MT's I work with won't even tell their doctor what they do for a living because the doctor usually asks for your input. I appreciate it most times though. Aubrey's CBC showed a minor microcytic anemia which can be attributed to a poor diet, IDA, or heterozygous beta thalassemia (minor). Dr. Beaves and I discussed further labs. We agreed to do an iron panel and hemoglobin electropheresis. I do not think her diet is of immediate concern. She eats everything she puts her hands on! My awesome coworker Carla will draw her again this week. At this point in time, we are glad daddy is back home. Aubrey crawled around one night saying, "Die die!" We tried to combine two words too fast I think and hi daddy turned into die. LOL! I dropped her off at school the other day and she said die. I told her daddy wasn't here. She insisted so by saying die again. I told her to show mommy where he was and she pointed to the monkey on the wall. Haha. Daddy is pretty goofy. I can see where she might be confused. :p Have a great weekend.

P.S. It is so cold in here that I typed this wearing gloves. Do you know how long that took?! My fingers suddenly got clumsy and fat.

No comments:

Our Honeymoon