Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Catch Up

I think that this crazy winter has pushed me into hibernation mode since I haven't posted for 2 weeks. WOW! Time flies...when you are hibernating! Where to start... Danae's birthday was on Feb 28. We planned to go to Schaumburg, but it snowed. Imagine that! We settled for Lino's; gotta love their salad! Bob, Nae, Ry, Aubrey, and I gathered back at their place after for a game of poker. Ryan was finally the first one out...Nae and I had a goal...a girl was to win! Haha. It was finally down to Nae and Bob. I don't remember who won, but it sure was fun! Aubrey tried on Nae's gloves...too funny! Check out our new glasses...people say that we walked out of a Lenscrafters commercial. Haha. Can you see the bruised bridge of her nose? Ow, but it is gone now. :) Danae is doing great with her pregnancy. She is in the second trimester now! Bob is finally graduating with his Ph.D. in May! Great news!





Debra stopped over one day after Lisa's mom's funeral. That is so sad, Lisa. Our thoughts are with the Haynie family. Aubrey enjoyed going through Debra's purse. She loves DEBRA'S purse...and mine of course. But she seems to be fascinated with hers. She found a banana, so her and Deb ate it right then and there. Laugh. Aubrey put on her glasses. She looks so sophisticated. Debra really enjoyed spending quality time with her, and we enjoyed spending time and food with Debra too! She loved to snuggle with Daddy that night.






Dad and Debra joined us after a LONG 10 hour trip from Joplin to Roscoe. Well, Debra drove from Kenosha. We had pizza from Pietro's. Yum! Bless Debra's heart for gathering Dad's gaming stuff and bringing it from Kenosha. She brought the XBOX controllers...not the 360 controllers. Bummer. But can you blame her?! Dad has SOOOO MUCH gaming stuff. ;P Dad and Ryan really did have a great time playing Project Gotham 4, Guitar Hero 3, and Call of Duty 4. Dad learns really fast and was quite good at all the games. Aubrey says, "Papa" now. It is so cute. She says it in a soft high pitched voice. Ryan says it reminds him of this movie where the Dad passes away and the little boy says Papa like she does. I still think it is way cute.

Aubrey visited the Ruch residence the day after Dad and Deb's visit, which was long overdue! She had a great time and was quite the oinker. TX AJ! Dad happened to be there hooking AJ up with pay per post on her blogger. Dad told me that he bought Guitar Hero 3! I don't think my Dad would have originally bought this if he didn't play it at our place. He called me yesterday and told me that he already beat it. Geez Tim Moffitt!! He said he did it in 2 sittings. I can totally see that. Now, Brennan wants this game for the Wii. It is a fun game. Dad also bought Call of Duty 4. We better start our LIVE account so we can play together online.

Tammy had a thyroid biopsy a week ago. We are so glad that went well. Tam, I wanted to call you, but I knew you'd be in pain. So, I talked to Tracey. :) Tam is still pregnant too and couldn't be put under. I heard the local anesthetic didn't quite work. Ouch! Good luck with everything Tam! I heard Chandler was taking care of you. I think he is stoked to have a little one soon...

I am working very hard planning lab week this year. Many things are already done. Some things I have accomplished as the Chairman: mayor proclamation, RRVBC blood drive at RMH, media pitch, vendor contributions, continuing education, games, prizes, hospital wide screensavers, RMH collaboration with OSF, and an article in the RMH Inside publication. That is just a few of the many. We cannot wait until lab week (4/20-26). It should be a real good time. We are pushing hospital and community-wide awareness of what we really do. We are not just phlebotomist...but much more! People call us technicians...NOPE! That is an A.S. degree. Many of us have at least a B.S. and preferred to be called technologists or lab scientists. :)

Ryan will start working very long hours in 2 weeks at the new store. It is pretty huge. Don't worry....nothing about the roads are changing. You can still look forward to a 2 lane road! Geez, is that sarcasm?! I cannot believe all the stores on 173 with a 2 lane road and they are still building. Crazy! BTW-the old Menard's isn't sold yet and Walgreen's is going next to the new one.

Aubrey moved into a new room at school. She is in 16-24 months now. Running, talking, imaginating, playing 'MOM' and house, and loving every minute of it. She sleeps on a cot now. I guess the teachers just love her. However, I feel 'bad mommy syndrome' from them every week. Here is last weeks comment. When I dropped her off, I said, "Oh darn! I forgot her shoes." I told that to the teacher directly. Aubrey was a crab that morning. The shoes were right next to her, but I was overwhelmed by her screaming at 5:30 AM while our neighbors were trying to sleep. When I picked her up, the other teacher said, "She really needs to have shoes." *#*#%*Q% Are you kidding me?! URGH! Here is this week's comment. While I was picking her up I looked through her cubby. Pics, art, pants..."Are these her pants?" I asked the teacher. "How would I know?" said the teacher. Being as nice as I am...and completely taken back by that comment I just explained to her that I don't think these are hers. What I wanted to say..."If I knew for a fact that these were Aubrey's, I wouldn't be asking you if they are hers." DUH! Get a clue! I will let you know what next week's comment is. I just try to brush it off because I am not a perfect parent and am allowed to forget at least one thing a day (shoes, diapers, passy, my ID badge, lunch for work, etc)!!!

One of my coworkers is pregnant...about 9 weeks now. She just had her first ultrasound and found out she is having twins! This is her first pregnancy, but to make matters worse, she found out that they are monchorioBLAHBLAHBLAH. It means that they are sharing the same sac and placenta. The babies have a 50% mortality rate, and she is now considered high risk. They are anticipating admitting her at 24 weeks and keeping her in HRM until she delivers, which is when the babies aren't getting along anymore. This can be when one baby stops growing, cords wrap around, etc. She will be started on steroids at 24 weeks to develop the babies' lungs. Best Wishes!

I got some new tennies! Way cute. I had to justify a million times spending $100 on shoes. Ryan also went to get new shoes. He saw mine but didn't really look at them too much yet. He came home from Anthony Haynie's work with a new pair, and when I checked them out...they were the same as mine. Haha. Different colors but still Adiprenes. Too funny! He does look great in tennies. I have never seen him wear tennies. It has always been those flat Adidas wannabe scater kinda shoes. I like these much better. Cute, Ry!

We are trying really hard to reduce debt this year. So far, I have paid back my Mom (loaned us money before I had Aubrey since I didn't get a job as fast as anticipated) and paid off Macy's, David's Bridal, and Audrea (gave us a loan to buy baby furniture and stuff). Thank you to Mom and Audrea! We hope to have much more paid down by the end of 2008. My car will be paid off in April! All good news...

The search for a home may be coming to a close. We put an offer on a foreclosure Sunday and just heard back that it was already sold when we looked at it. Bummer. That foreclosure was gone within a week. Abnormal! In addition to this bad news, we found out that all the PMI companies are changing requirements as of March 17. All loans that were approved at 100% financing end 03/17 if the lowest credit score on the loan is below 680. Well, one of our scores is right under 680. This means that we need to have a contract signed and finalized by 03/16 and close on the home by 06/15 to keep our current financing. We think this is too much of a rush for us and maybe wasn't meant to be at the moment. I would hate to make a poor decision that could possibly affect the rest of out lives. We will look at more homes on Sunday. If nothing is just right, we will wait. We can still get a home, but we need to do FHA 3% down, but last time I checked we made too much for FHA. We make too much...but then again too little. We may have to do a conventional 5-10% down program, but that we take time considering that money was only saved for the things needed when we move, earnest money, and closing costs. People say it is a buyer's market...not really...unless you have a home currently or have lots of money saved. Banks are strict when giving loans due to the foreclosure rate.

Haha. Almost forgot! I have quite a funny story to tell you. Remember the 50 degree day last Sunday? Ryan thought we should open the sliding door to 'cool' the apartment down. Keep in mind that it was 72 degrees in our apartment but still drafty due to the poor construction. We went on with our night as usual. We had the sleet, freezing rain, snow, etc during the night. Went to bed....Ryan went to work...I had Monday off. I got Aubrey up and we were watching cartoons while sitting next to the deck. I heard Emmy but it sounded like she was downstairs. OK, but then she kept meowing. I looked all around for her. All the doors were open. Where is she? OUTSIDE!! OMG! I opened the door and she crawled through the slit in the screen (VIA ENTRANCE ONTO THE DECK). Her fur was sticking straight out and soaked. I had to hold her and snuggle her in a beach towel. She ate and went potty. I guess she didn't want to potty outside. LOL. She wouldn't stop meowing for half the day. I called Ryan at work to ask him why Emmy was outside. He had no clue. That sneaky cat. Luckily it was about 32 degrees that night compared the rest -20 windchills. WE DO LOVE EMMY!!

Oh my! What a long post! Sorry, it took you 20 minutes to read this! :) Thanks for visiting though!

No comments:

Our Honeymoon