Aubrey has started the LONG haul of potty training. I'd like to have her pretty well set before we have another child, so her we go...
I have heard to take potty training in steps. First, we played with the potty. The sensors in the basin trigger music; Aubrey loves this. Then, we sat on it...as a toy still. The potty eventually found a home across from the big potty in the main bath. When Mommy had to go potty, Aubrey would follow and sit there with her pants on. Next, off came the pants and diaper. She wasn't quite sure about that at first and let me know that by constantly trying to pull up her pants. I bought her Kandoo wipes and Kandoo bright green soap. She really appreciates wiping herself and washing her hands afterwards. The first time I showed her how to wipe, she wanted to wipe me. LOL. (Nice visual picture...yeah I know...always count on me for that awkwardness) She has yet to actually go potty. About 15 minutes ago, we went potty. Major poopy in the diaper. After wiping, Aubrey leans over and looks at her feet. OK, so I went to put the diaper on, and that is when I noticed that she was peeing, on my hand! LOL. Nice! ;) Next time, we will try to do that while on the toilet. I think that is the first time she has ever noticed urine. Any other time, it just goes right in the diaper. She was a bit confused. :/ Haha.
I am open to suggestions or potty training advice.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
First, my love, the precious one must show signs of readiness. (I hate to sound like a textbook here) but alas I have also trained 3 not so trainable toddlers in my day. If she is dry through nap, or dry through the night, or is beginning to tell you when she is achy.... aaaky, not achy, anyway you get the point...she may (operative word) MAY be ready. If she doesn't show interest and doesn't have those signs of readiness....try again in 2-3 weeks and so on...until voila! She will be ready...and you'll have a new line item in your budget! Best of luck with the diaper free toddler...fyi...she's REAL young yet...usually at that age, you can train you to get her on the potty on time, but rare is the 18 month old that is potty trained. In the hundreds I've seen, I think we've had 1...so don't be too hard on yourself, k? XOXOXOX AJ
Post a Comment